Subscribe: Follow Me on Pinterest

Ads 468x60px

Monday, July 18, 2011

An Adventure to Dino's Chicken and Burgers

Dino's Chicken and Burgers
2575 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90006

Dino's is one of those hidden LA gems that's famous for it's special half chicken deal. I say it is "hidden" because I never even knew this place existed up until a few weeks ago! I swear news of this place must spread solely through word of mouth, yet a ton of people know about it. I first heard about Dino's from one of the accountants where I worked, who tried it for her birthday. About a week later, I was meeting up with my friend KW, who recently graduated. He LOVES Dino's so we decided to head here for lunch and to catch up.
Dino's is a rather inconspicuous, little shack with limited parking, but tons of patrons! There are several Dino's locations, but we went to the one on Pico. It was my first time trying Dino's so KW suggested getting the famous chicken box.
Dino's Chicken Deal
For only $5.50, you get half a chicken marinated in a spicy, citrus-y sauce, french fries, cole slaw, and tortillas. If you've got a small stomach, you should split this meal with someone or you'll have to deal with leftovers. The chicken I got was a bit on the dry side, but I liked the marinade. By far, my favorite thing was the french fries, which just soaked up all the yummy chicken juices! It was literally fried spicy, sour deliciousness that I couldn't stop eating even when I was stuffed! (I'm strange in the sense that I prefer those sad, soggy McDonald's fries so Dino's soaked fries were right up my alley! mMmm...) I'm not normally a cole slaw person and at first, I thought it seemed out of place in the meal, but I was WRONG! The sweetness in the cole slaw complemented the spicy sourness of the chicken and fries so well! These Dino's fellows know what they're doing! I just wish my chicken was more moist. My friend said his chicken was pretty moist so maybe I just got a fluke one. :( In any case, I liked the fries enough to go here again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...