|Chocolate Truffle Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake|
|Strawberry Swirl Heart Pattern on Cheesecake (Before Baking)|
|Strawberry Swirl Heart Pattern (After Baking)|
CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE STRAWBERRY SWIRL CHEESECAKE
2 pkg (8 oz. each) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
¼ cup sugar
½ tsp vanilla
1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust (6 oz.)
~8 chocolate truffles, cut into 8ths
Strawberry Sauce (See Recipe Below)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Blend cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs in a blender until smooth.
- Pour about 1/3 of the cheesecake batter into the crust and spread to evenly coat the bottom crust.
- Distribute chopped chocolate truffles evenly on batter.
- Cover the truffles with the remaining cheesecake batter.
- Level out the cheesecake batter and tap the cheesecake on the counter a few times to release any bubbles. (Use a toothpick to pop any stubborn bubbles.)
- Place small dots of strawberry sauce (about 1 cm in diameter) in circles around your cheesecake.
- Use a toothpick or knife to run through each dot to make a heart pattern.
- Place cheesecake into a larger roasting pan and fill the roasting pan with water until it reaches about halfway up the cheesecake.
- Carefully place roasting pan with the cheesecake into the oven and bake for 35 minutes, or until the center is almost set.
- Cool and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Serve with additional strawberry sauce.
Adapted from Brunch Time Baker’s Mini Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
2 cups sliced strawberries
1½ Tablespoons lemon juice (or juice from ~1/3 of a lemon)
4 Tablespoons sugar (adjust depending on strawberries’ sweetness)
1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- Blend the strawberries and sugar in a blender until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice and cornstarch.
- Add lemon juice mixture to the strawberry mixture and blend until combined.
- Strain the mixture into a medium saucepan to remove the seeds.
- Simmer over medium heat until the mixture starts to boil. Stir frequently and cook a few more minutes or until it thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate if not using immediately.