Subscribe: Follow Me on Pinterest

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Snack Attack: Special Koala no March Cookie Flavors

Japanese snacks fascinate me. Not only are they delicious, but they also come in rare, limited edition flavors. If you guys have been following my blog, you know I'm quite obsessed with Pocky. (You can read my posts about special Pocky flavors here and here.) I'm also totally obsessed with Koala no March cookies, which are crunchy koala-shaped cookies commonly filled with chocolate or strawberry filling. Occasionally, I'll find limited edition flavors at Japanese markets like Mitsuwa or Marukai and it takes every. ounce. of. my. willpower. not to buy them all! I did cave and try two of the specialty flavors though.

CREAMY CAFFELLATTE
Koala no March - Creamy Caffellatte
The first flavor was "Creamy Caffellatte." When I first opened the package, I noticed a strong coffee smell.
Koala no March - Creamy Caffellatte Cookies
If you've ever seen these cookies, you know how adorable each koala is! They each have different outfits, facial expressions, and poses. I love the ones that are dressed in traditional Asian clothes. The ones with a baby koala are also very kawaii~
Koala no March - Creamy Caffellatte Cookie (Inside)
Creamy Caffellatte had a strong coffee flavor. They were sweet with a slightly bitter coffee taste and an artificial vanilla creaminess.

COCOA & VANILLA ICE
Koala no March - Cocoa & Vanilla Ice
The other flavor I tried was "Cocoa & Vanilla Ice." It said "Cocoa & Vanilla Ice" on the English nutrition label on the back, but you can see ice cream on the package.
Koala no March - Cocoa & Vanilla Ice Cookies
These cookies had a chocolate outer shell that didn't taste chocolatey.
Koala no March - Cocoa & Vanilla Ice Cookies (Inside)
They smelled like vanilla and had a very sweet vanilla cream center. The cookies were sort of like ice cream with little crunchy "chocolate" bits - a clever execution of the ice cream concept, for sure, but I wish it had more chocolate flavor.
Koala no March - Barcode
These cookies were still super cute though! Just look at the barcode! Alas, I wish I could try more flavors!  

:: BONUS:: KOALA NO MARCH ORNAMENTS
Koala no March Cookie Ornaments
As a bonus, check out these Koala no March ornaments I ordered online! They're the exact size of actual cookies and are now my favorite Christmas ornaments! I like the ninja the best.

What special flavors of Koala no March have you tried? Feel free to let me know what snacks you're addicted to in the comments below!

***************
Disclaimer: All products were purchased by me with my own money. The thoughts and opinions expressed in this blog post are my own.
***************

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...