Subscribe: Follow Me on Pinterest

Ads 468x60px

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Anime Food Re-Creation: K-On!! Yakisoba Pan

Happy August!

My apologies for the long hiatus! Spring quarter was nothing but craziness, exams, papers, group projects, presentations, presentations, and MORE presentations! Summer school officially ended for me today (I turned in my final paper so there's no going back now... XD) so I finally get a chance to blog again! Hurray!

Today's Anime Food Re-creation is Yakisoba Pan (aka Yakisoba Bread) from K-On!! It's basically Japanese stir-fried noodles stuffed into a bread roll.

In the K-On!! episode, Mio received yakisoba pan from some girls from her fan club.
K-On!! - Mio's Yakisoba Pan
To recreate this, I just simply stir-fried some yakisoba noodles (with the included yakisoba sauce packet) and some additional yakisoba sauce. I placed the noodles into a hot dog bun and garnished with some beni shoga (pickled ginger). I wrapped it all in plastic wrap to make it seem more like the anime (just without the decorations and Japanese writing, which says that it's "To: Mio-senpai").
Real Life Anime Food: K-On!! Yakisoba Pan
In the anime, the yakisoba pan looked pretty simple, but you can always add shredded cabbage and chicken (or whatever you want, really) to your yakisoba to make it more interesting. To be honest, this version was kind of plain so I would suggest adding some veggies and/or protein to spice it up. :)

Hope you all enjoyed! See you in the next adventure!

2 comments:

MiNapi said...

It looks delicious! Glad you're back!

Chrissy said...

Thank you! It feels good to be back! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...