After seeing this episode, I knew I had to make my own meatball sub sandwich. Below is a super easy recipe for a meatball sub inspired by Joey's sandwich and made with frozen meatballs and canned marinara sauce. Of course, if you make homemade meatballs and marinara sauce from scratch, definitely use that instead.
|Joey's Meatball Sub from FRIENDS|
Yield: 4 sandwiches
16 meatballs, thawed
1 can or jar marinara sauce
Garlic butter (Homemade Garlic Butter Recipe Here)
4 French rolls
Shredded mozzarella or provolone (sliced cheese works too)
- Brown meatballs in a skillet.
- Add marinara sauce and simmer for 5 minutes, or until meatballs and sauce are cooked and heated through.
- Spread garlic butter inside French rolls and toast in toaster oven.
- Spoon in 4 meatballs per sub sandwich with a little marinara sauce.
- Top with shredded or sliced mozzarella/provolone.
If you'd like to see Chandler confront Joey about "saving Ross," check out the clip below. You'll also get a look at Joey's favorite sandwich and see just how much Chandler means to Joey.