Subscribe: Follow Me on Pinterest

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Baking Adventure: Super Mario Mushroom Cupcakes

Happy Easter, everyone!

I have a super sweet treat for you today. Super Mario Mushroom Cupcakes!

To make these cupcakes, I just used boxed yellow cake mix and canned vanilla frosting that was tinted with different gel food coloring. Super easy! Be sure to overfill your cupcake cups a little (almost to the top) so you get a nice domed shape. One tub of frosting was more than enough for my cupcakes. I just spooned the frosting into separate bowls and added enough food coloring to get the right shade of color. You want to make more frosting than you think you'll need because it's really hard to make a new batch with the exact same color shade. For the spots, I just used different colored candy melts. It really can't get much simpler than this!
Super Mario - Super Mushroom
Super Mario - Super Mushroom Cupcake
To make the Super Mushroom and the Triple Mushrooms, I used frosting tinted with Wilton's gel food coloring in Red Red. The spots were made with Wilton's White Candy Melts.
Mario Kart - Triple Mushrooms
Mario Kart - Triple Mushrooms Cupcakes

To make the 1-UP Mushroom, I used Wilton's gel food coloring in Kelly Green and Wilton's White Candy Melts.
Super Mario - 1-UP Mushroom
Super Mario - 1-UP Mushroom
And just for fun, I made a Retro Mushroom. I used a mix of Wilton's gel food coloring in Red Red and McCormick's yellow food coloring to tint the frosting. The spots were made with Wilton's Red Candy Melts.
Super Mario - Retro Mushroom
Super Mario - Retro Mushroom Cupcake
Here's a top view of some of the cupcakes.
Super Mario Mushroom Cupcakes
Once you get your frosting the proper color, making these cupcakes are easy peasy! Give them a try the next time you want to double in size or get a life! ;P Or when you're just craving a fun cupcake! :)

2 comments:

Barbara Bakes said...

A super fun cupcake! My kids would be super excited to eat these.

Chrissy said...

Thanks, Barbara! If you do make them, I hope your kids enjoy them! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...